|Home||Guiding & Instruction||Topos||Ethic||Experience||Racking||Bolt Replacement||Mythbuster||Contact|
WelcomeThanks for visiting my site. It serves as a hub for southern Arizona climbing beta, guiding information, distribution of climbing topos, and my own personal takes on climbing.
This year is my 16th year of climbing (10 of which have been in southern AZ). I'm closing in on 2000 days of climbing. I've distributed over 150,000 mulitipitch climbing topos. Strangely enough, climbing has never gotten old for me. Unlike many other sports I've tried, climbing seems to constantly offer new challenges and dimensions. Few sports offer so much.
What I doIn the past 16 years I've trained to become a more skilled, seasoned, and stronger climber. Part of this journey included moving to a place I can climb year-round and becoming certified as a guide through the American Mountain Guides Association.
Why spend all this energy on climbing? For the adventure. Climbing allows us to visit remote, incredible places. The sense of accomplishment and the humbling recognition of the magnitude of the world we live is a magnificent paradox.
As important as climbing is to me, it is equally important to help other climbers. I do this in various ways:
1) I produce and distribute excellent topos, freely available for anyone who climbs. No secret climb bullshit here. Toofast's Topos
2) I provide inexpensive or free climbing classes and guiding. This is top-quality instruction from an AMGA Certified Rock Instructor. Guiding and Instruction
3) In cooperation with the ASCA, I replace old hardware on classic climbs, show others how to do this, and produce equipment to help people do this well. Bolt Replacement Hurley Bolt Puller
4) I help protect this sport and the resources we have by encouraging fellow climbers to be responisible with our public areas. Responsible Stewardship
5) I put common climbing myths to the test using real-life tests. Climbing Mythbusters
Some further reading...Some words about my friend Erica Kutcher.