who i am
go to amazing places
under your own power
by your own skill
preferably with a dog
I am a southern Arizona rock climber, an American Mountain Guides Association Certified Rock Instructor, and a Professional Climbing Guides Institute Certified Multipitch Guide. I have been climbing around 130 days per year for 18 years.
what i do
My goal is to raise the bar of southern Arizona climbing by:
- producing and distributing premium firsthand route information for Cochise Stronghold (Toofast Topos),
- providing solid, credentialed, and affordable guiding and instruction,
- restoring classic traditional climbs in cooperation with CASA and the ASCA,
- role-modeling a ground-up, low impact, traditional ethic in my own climbing,
- and testing common climbing myths with actual experiences and measurements.